It’s that time of year again. Spring is nearly upon us, and with it what is possibly the most revered and talked about collegiate championship in the world. The NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, hailed for its do or die nature that puts seasoned champions on the line against hungry underdogs with an appetite for upsets.
- The NCAA began its tradition in 1939. 2014 will mark the 76th Anniversary of the Tournament.
- The Tournament began with only 8 teams, and now stand at 68.
- You have a 1 in 9.2 Quintillion chance of selecting a perfect bracket. If you can Warren Buffet wants to give you $1 Billion Dollars.
- The Tournament demands high capacity stadiums with a record attendance of 826,989.
- An estimated 1 in 10 Americans will fill out a bracket this year with over $7 Billion dollars on the betting line.
Although chances of selecting that perfect bracket are slim, we will always be willing to give it a go. The NCAA Tournament is the sole reason the month of March has been revered as the holy month by basketball fans and sports enthusiasts alike. Don’t let the odds scare you from choosing your bracket, and certainly don’t rule out the underdogs as this tournament is famous for its Cinderella Stories. If you wanted to see your odds of a perfect bracket in paper, the number of possible brackets would only stack from the Earth to the Sun 6,000 times… But fret not! The perfect bracket is out there begging to be picked so fill out those brackets people! Oh and by the way…Let’s go Blue Devils!