2013 was a big year for mobile devices. The infographic below depicts the growth of mobile devices over the last year. It includes everything from mobile adoption and market share by device to usage broken down by apps, platforms, browsers, locations, you name it. Some of the key stats from the past year include:
- 91% of all people on earth have a mobile phone
- 56% of people own a smart phone
- 50% of mobile phone users, use mobile as their primary Internet source
- 80% of time on mobile is spent inside apps
- 72% of tablet owners purchase online from their tablets each week
There is no doubt 2014 will be the most mobile year mankind has yet to experience.